Thursday, December 13, 2012

Illicit(?) New Little Pill

So, not to whine or anything, but I have been having some major pain issues lately and my body twists most painkillers into the devil when I partake.
So we are trying a rare one.
I can't tell you what it is because I am not sure it is totally legal. This has to be our little secret, okay?
Okay, so for serious it's legit.
Although the doc did need a "special" prescription pad for this one.
And the Pharmacy had to "order it in".
A couple of the possible side effects are feeling "high" and "euphoria". I was hoping for those ones!So far, no go.
Both dealer...{ahem}...I mean doctor  and the pharmacist said I am starting off at an extremely low dose. I was told I could up that dose though, if it isn't helping.
Sure, sure, get me hooked and then get me to "need" more. That's not suspicious at all.
I did ask about the addictive qualities and was told that won't be a problem.
Unfortunately, the pain is a bit of a mystery. Is it the Diabetes? Is it tumors? Is it Fibromylagia on Roids? So many options.
I'm not gonna lie...if it is the Diabetes (which apparently would make things really complicated), I may just freak out a little.
Why did no one tell me that this disease can affect every part of the body possible?!?
Heart disease, yes - Leading killer of persons with Diabetes. Kidney failure? Leading cause. Blindness? Check.
The top three are as famous as Jennifer Anniston and Anjolina Jolie. (Whoops! Probably shouldn't put those two in the same sentence!)
But Gastroparesis? Neuropathy? Bladder issues?! Who ever talks about bladder issues from Diabetes!?
I am so sick (no pun intended ;) of the phrase, "It's probably caused by the Diabetes." oozing out of every. single. doctor's. mouth. in times of trouble.
Sorry. I totally didn't see that rant coming. I think my blood pressure just rose to 250/160 from my passionate frustration with this disease.
Wait. I know.
I have that new "prescription". I'm pretty sure it will lower my blood pressure.

Gotta go. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

What the heck...say whatever is on your mind! (Regarding my thoughts that is ;)