Friday, August 12, 2011

A Not So "Grand Entrance"

So, I was wearing my favorite jeans today, running errands in town, when a very unfortunate happening happened. I had just finished a lovely coffee date with a very good friend, when I decided to "pop in" and see another friend hard at work at one of my least favorite places on the earth. That would be my dentist's office situated on Main Street. (Nothing personal Mrs. Dentist. You are very hospitable to offer your chair, but sitting in it makes me GAG!)
So back to Main Street...Due to my poor depth perception (or perhaps my natural flair for clumsiness), I rammed my foot into the step that I didn't see, rather than lifting my foot on top of it as I planned to make my grand entrance. I flew knees first onto the pavement, scraped my hands and crashed my head into the glass door in one not-so-fluid motion. (That was not the kind of "Grand" I was planning ;) In that instant, I did a mental check of all the important things...a) neck not broken, Check! b) no perfuse bleeding, Check! c) no hole in the knees of my favorite jeans, Check! Phew. I can go on living. I could barely lift my leg from gas to brake pedal to drive home, but I'll live. An ice pack is probably in order.
You may be thinking it ridiculous that I was worried about my jeans, but there's something you should know...I can only get them in the U.S. and I already tried to get a friend to pick me up another pair. Apparently that style doesn't seem to exist anymore! So when these ones are done, they're done! Egads!!! Not cool! And they already have a few problems...a grease stain on the thigh, the leather strap outlining the pocket has come out, etc. etc. But they are SOOOO Cute! And SOOOO Comfortable!
So, in my world of doc appts. and health issues, I try not to complain too much. But DON'T MESS WITH MY FAVORITE JEANS!!!
And did I mention I was on MAIN STREET?!? At the busiest intersection in town?!?
Well, maybe I'll go put some ice on that knee of mine.
And I think my ego could use some too. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What the heck...say whatever is on your mind! (Regarding my thoughts that is ;)