Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Majestic and Magnetic

I had a fun day with friends in the city today. Did some shopping in my favorite store, found a cute tank for $6, drank two iced coffees after having to fast for four hours because of my MRI. Oh? Did I not mention having an MRI today? Yeah. That wasn't so much fun.
First of all, I have a slight case of claustrophobia (which apparently kicks into high gear while in an MRI machine, causing slight hyperventilation and extreme internal panic). Secondly, I needed an I.V. for the probable poison they pumped through my veins to get a better picture, and thirdly, after putting my head in a padded vice grip, the machine proceeded to rattle my brains with vibration and LOUDness. I couldn't help but think while lying there, "This can't be good for the tumor that is most likely growing in there. It probably just exploded and is oozing into the rest of my brain, speeding up the process of my poor little bean's demise."
It was kinda cool though, that I met a woman I went to high school with while sitting in the I.V. chair. She worked at the hospital as an MRI tech. Catching up with her was great, until I realized what I looked like. I had been wearing a backcombed ponytail earlier in the day, but it had to come out due to the metal on the elastic band.  I looked like a mail lion, only not so majestic. I was also wearing my shirts, minus the support underneath, if you know what I mean, also due to the metal issue. To top off my outfit, I had on a pair of too small hospital issue linen pants, accentuating the problem area of my gut, since there was no fly, and I wouldn't have been able to do it up if there was. At least I was able to tie the string at the top, which kept them from falling down, but created a gaping hole in said problem area. It wasn't pretty. And this was the moment I had to encounter someone from high school who looked fabulous. Good grief.
So, once again, my day consisted of fashion and a hospital. Good times, good times.
But I seriously did enjoy the company and hope to do it all again soon...minus the MRI.
Oh what the heck...I might as well take any excuse to make a fashion statement, right? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What the heck...say whatever is on your mind! (Regarding my thoughts that is ;)