Thursday, September 20, 2012

Sequins and Fries

Wow! It's been forever since I penned my thoughts in this little blog. For those of you who may actually enjoy it, sorry about that!
So, last weekend I went on my annual girls shopping trip. What a BLAST! No one got sick, between the four of us 14 pairs of footwear were purchased (no I will NOT tell who bought the most), and meaningful conversation was had. All in all a success.
Before I go any further, I'll just put in a little plug for my new favourite store, Vanity. Did you know that they have the option of 37" inseams in their jeans?!?!? That is like finding gold when you are a tall woman. They are even too long for me! So I bought two pairs. They will go fabulously with my new black patent stilettos. Now I just have to convince my husband we can still afford a date night after all my purchasing.
I did buy a rather unconventional item and am pretty excited to wear it with my new skyscraper jeans. The Man was a little skeptical when I pulled it out of the bag during my post-shopping private fashion show. I will admit, it is a little risky but I think I love it.
Think animal and sparkle.
Now, before you doubt me, pick up the latest fashion mag and you will see both those trends EVERYWHERE.
Yes, it is a silver sequined top with a black tiger face on the front. Oh! and the back has horizontal slits.
Seriously, it is a quirky yet pretty little top. And I figure a black blazer will tone it down nicely.
Hey, I figure, if I am gonna go with my animal instinct, better to wear a tiger that eat like one. Not gonna lie, I almost got attacked by a heaping pile of Costco fries today. But I said, "Susie NO!" and kept walking. My blood sugar is erratic enough...I don't need a dump truck full of carbs poured in my veins like poison. I don't know if my pump holds enough insulin to counteract the portions that place hands out.
Anyhow, getting back to my sequins, stilt-worthy jeans and sky-high shoes, I have no regrets. I may look as bright and tall as a lighthouse but I am okay with that.

Thanks Vanity. Thank you very much. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What the heck...say whatever is on your mind! (Regarding my thoughts that is ;)