Monday, March 18, 2013

My Very Own Cooking Show!

As I sit here eating my low-carb, vegetarian cauliflower crust pizza and savouring the flavour of pesto, sun dried tomatoes, black olives and feta, I have decided to register a complaint. I hope you are in that department.
I hate cooking.
Do you have any idea how much work eating healthy is?
Due to the diabetes (and a sh**load of other health issues) I am committed to taking nutrition and exercise very seriously. I wish I had taken that step a long time ago.
Thanks to google, there are no excuses for not finding awesome tasting, health-punchy food.
Excellent.

But oh how I miss those days of throwing a Delissio pizza in the oven for 25 minutes, waiting for the oven to beep, and wham! Supper.

So, I am at my computer, typing my frustrations to the world...stalling.

I should be making my homemade almond and coconut power bars. I take some with me every time I head out of my house for more than an hour. And I am fresh out.

You know, I wouldn't mind cooking so much if I was on a cooking show. First off, all the attention would be on me...the cameras, the crowd, they'd all be awed at my beauty and talent. My sequined shirt would sparkle in the bright lights above the counter, on which all the ingredients would be pre-chopped and measured by my minions...I mean, assistants, and I could just dump and stir. Then, magically all the mess would be cleaned up as I whip off my stain-free apron and just sit and chat with a celebrity, charming them with my witty humour, perfect hair, and stellar make-up.


I know, I know. Too far, Susie. Too far.

But seriously...wouldn't it be fabulous to have all the work of cooking done by someone else? (And also for the record...I am truly witty. ;)

Ahh, but bringing us all back to reality, it's simply not that easy.

So, where does that leave us? I'd say it leaves us with a challenge and that challenge is this: Will we put in the effort to do what our bodies need us to, in order to live a quality-filled, energetic life?

With that I will give myself a little pep-talk as my answer.

"Suck it up Susie and go make that power bar!"

Okay. My show awaits.

Too bad my wit will only be witnessed by Bob - one ear up and one ear down. At least he is a loyal audience ;)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What the heck...say whatever is on your mind! (Regarding my thoughts that is ;)