Friday, May 24, 2013

A Day in the Life...

Wanna hear about my day? Yes. Yes you do.

So in preparation for moving to England, I decided to practice driving on the wrong side of the road on my way to the city. No. Not really. That would be dumb. But I thought about it.


Whilst driving down Portage Avenue (a multi-laned street in Winnipeg), I encountered a young man darting through moving traffic to cross the street, back and forth, seemingly for fun. I think he was high. I could use some of that magic to boost my energy levels. But then again, I'd probably do something dumb like drive on the wrong side of the road.

Did you know that it is possible to hit 24 out of 26 red lights on the same street? I now know it is.

I had a lovely lunch eating vegetable sushi with a good friend (who also happens to be my cousin) and said my first goodbye. :( That was not cool.

But then I went to Costco and witnessed a 30ish year old woman wearing a short flowy dress, unloading her cart. Her dress length was not adequate for this situation. As she bent over, over and over, (she had a lot of stuff), nothing was left to the imagination. I suppose I could have helped her out by telling her she might want to bend at the knees, but I was feeling shy (entertained?) by this circumstance and instead, openly stared. It wasn't pretty. (Some situations grab your attention whether you want them to or not...)

So, after an uneventful drive home with Florence and the Machines and The Lumineers, I arrived at my house only to find Mr. Man on top of the barn roof, stripping! Of course not his clothes. That would be silly. And weird. Why climb a ladder when you can drop your pants on flat ground?.?)
No, he was stripping the shingles in order to put new ones on. Did I mention he was HOME ALONE ON TOP OF OUR RED HIP-ROOF VERY TALL BARN?!?!?



Boredom was apparently afraid of me today.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What the heck...say whatever is on your mind! (Regarding my thoughts that is ;)