Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Take A Number!

I went for blood work again today.
Yup.
And they didn't let me down.
So...
I get there, and not a soul was in the waiting room.
There was however, FIVE lab techs leaning against the wall chatting.
I asked if I should bother taking a number. They say yes.
I have no words.
So I get called in, and I say, "The good one is on my right arm but it is retired so I hope you can find one on my left."
Before I go any further, I should mention that after posting on my FB status that I was getting blood work again this morning, one of my friends suggested I draw a map for them this time. Since I was out of the house all day, I didn't see that comment until after I came home. Back to this momentarily.
So the lab tech promptly gloves up, ties on the tourniquet, gives 'er and gets one on the first try! (In case you missed it...last week I had a similar experience only the lab tech insisted on using my retired vein since according to her it was impossible to find one on my left.)
Mentioning my frustration from last week, the tech from today explained to me how I could describe where this good left-armed vein sits for future reference.
Genius.
Put that together with my friend's map suggestion...Double genius!!
 I have made a decision.
I will get a tattoo.
On each arm.
On my right it will say "retired" with an arrow to my good old faithful and on my left it will say "aim here" with an arrow pointing to the perfectly usable "non-existent" vein.
I have always wanted a tattoo, but I couldn't decide what I wanted permanently on my body.
Now I know
I just hope the tattoo artist doesn't hit a vein. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What the heck...say whatever is on your mind! (Regarding my thoughts that is ;)