Monday, October 17, 2011

Fur: Real or Faux?

Me and my baby sister both love fur. No, she's not actually a baby, but she is ten years younger than I am so she'll always be my baby sis. I affectionately called her "Kid" while she was, well, a kid - probably confusing others each time I tried to get her attention in the mall. "Hey Kid!" I would yell, and to me that was her name, but to the general population it probably seemed as though I were a disgruntled stranger, unimpressed with a young punk. That, or they thought I was a stalker. Nope. Just a bossy, loving older sister.
But back to the fur. When I say we both love fur, I think I should clarify something. It's true that we have that in common. But there is a definite distinction of what that love of fur looks like.
She prefers the real stuff and I am passionate about the faux variety. What I mean is...she likes to pet it (while it encompasses a living animal), while I love to wear it (while strutting my stuff. ;)  
Yes, I have a dog named Bob and I love him to pieces, but he sheds enough hair to dress me head to toe. I do not want to wear Bob. Nor does my solid brown suede couch. My couch does not look good in a fur coat.
No, as much as I love animals, my little sis takes the prize on that one. (Can we say excessive? ;) Often known to have multiple dogs and even more cats in her dwelling, it can be a little chaotic in my opinion. When she throws  a litter of kittens in there and heck, why not a rabbit, the chaos turns to a cyclone of claws and flying fur.
I love that she is an animal lover. I appreciate her passion for the creatures of the earth. But as for me, when it comes to fur, I want to wear it when I choose, and not just because I sat down on my comfy brown sofa to watch "What Not To Wear". I can guarantee, Stacey and Clinton would say that wearing your dog is the definition of the show.
So I love ya Kid, and Bob, I think you are about to head outside. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What the heck...say whatever is on your mind! (Regarding my thoughts that is ;)