Friday, October 14, 2011

White...the New Black?

I love the color white. (I know. It's not actually a color. It is the lack of color, but stick with me please.) Still, I prefer my lawn to be green. And it's about to become very white outside. Hopefully not in the next couple of days, but we've entered the time zone when the snow starts to fly. At least where I live. Which made it necessary to go shopping. Necessary, you ask? Well, yes. In this instance it was.
My last year's winter coat simply didn't survive the season. With a black grease stain and a broken zipper, the shiny silver warmth-giver is toast. (Where did that saying come from? I love toast!)
So shopping I went. Yay! A justifiable purchase was in order. I hit the stores running in my new slouchy wedge-heeled black boots and animal print blouse with a second opinion at hand, thanks to my young and hip friend Zoey. (That's not really her name but I have to protect the innocent ;)
Here's the question. Is white a good (non-color) color choice for my six foot tall frame and platinum blond hair? We both loved the masterpiece when we saw it. And it meets all of my nit-picky requirements. It is three-quarter length, has sleeves long enough for my tall arms, it's warm and  is a good name brand for a decent price. What more could I ask for, right?
But what if I look like the abominable snowman?!? That is not the look I am going for.
My husband gave the nod of approval when I came home. At least for the style. (Which is great because he has a uncanny sense for female fashion and I highly value his opinion.) But he made a valid point. What are the chances of me keeping this strikingly sharp looking outwear clean?!? I have visions of blood splattering all over it like a bad CSI episode as I test my sugars while driving. (Okay, that is probably never a good idea. ;)
It is machine washable but I feel it a risky move to keep it. The tags are still on and I have 11 days counting down in order to decide. But I love it! Help!
Well, here's hopin' I don't need it before my decision time is up. And if you do see a tall, platinum blond with an even blonder winter coat on, compliments would be nice. Lie if you have to.
Because by then the decision will have been made. A done deal. No turning back.
Besides...when it comes to flattering style, white is the new black. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What the heck...say whatever is on your mind! (Regarding my thoughts that is ;)