Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Trend Alert!

I don't know how I feel about something. Some things in life are clear cut. Yes, family is very important to me. No, child abuse is not acceptable. Yes, exercise is good for me. No, ketchup chips are not. Yes, boot cut jeans are flattering on most people. No, neon tights are not. But what about the latest trend?
Structured handbags are making a comeback.
Now, some structured bags have always been classic, but in recent years I have been more drawn to the more sack-shaped variety. I am not sure whether it is the style Per Se, or the functionality of a slouchy purse.
I will admit, I am a bit high-needs in this department. Of course there are the usual items one might discover in a woman's purse (as opposed to a men's purse?  Most men will try to disguise their purse as a "laptop bag" or "gym bag" but we all know the truth, right ladies? ;) such as lipstick, a compact, wallet, hair pick and of course minty gum for breath-freshening action whenever needed. But I, Susie, have a few more needs to have by my side at all times. Blood sugar meter, sugar tablets, snack, extra insulin vial, meds, water bottle to take the meds, and a travel mug of coffee. (Okay, that last one might not be a necessity but it sure does help my mood ;) And those structured handbags look ridiculous when you get them in the size needed for such a list of supplies. (Oh wait! I have suitcases I use for travel! Maybe I could just use the midsized one out of my set! That would be high fashion, no? ;)
Which brings me back to my dilemma. Do I stick with the soon-to-be-so-yesterday style or do I carry around a stylin' briefcase and go with the "professional" look while I am grocery shopping?
Decisions, decisions.
Well, I could spend the rest of my day wrestling with this choice or I could pick up the phone and call my grandma and tell her how much she means to me. Hmmm...
Besides...I can always pick up a fashion mag after I hang up the phone, right? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What the heck...say whatever is on your mind! (Regarding my thoughts that is ;)