Thursday, June 23, 2011

High-Rises and Low-Riders

It is interesting to me how fashion fads change, whether they are flattering fads or not. Unfortunately, I have reached an age where I can see how styles cycle through the years. I suppose there are only so many ways you can clothe the human body.
And I have a theory. Too low is no good. Too high is not so great either. And mid-range is just right. Yes, I am talking about waist-line heights.
When wearing low-riders, simply put, BAD things happen. I've heard it called "muffin-top" or "mushroom-top" and I don't know about you, but mine is of Portobello proportions when my button does up in the lower octaves of my torso. And I never could get into the whole "Thong-show", which is the worst kind of "Gong-show" in my mind.
And now picture in your mind if you will, the ultra high-waisted shorts or onesies that are making a come-back...on an average or above-average sized woman. Cuz they are okay on a size two totem-pole, (I love you all my skinny friends! :) but on most people, they just accentuate parts that shouldn't be accentuated. (If ya know what I mean ;)
Yes, mid-range feels just about right.
And that goes for my blood sugar as well. When too low I feel shaky, sweaty, desperate and STARVING. Oh...and did I mention Grouchy?! It's not pretty. When too high I feel thirsty, headachy, lethargic and just plain blah. Oh...and did I mention Grouchy?!?
Yes, mid-range feels just about right. (Especially lower mid-range rather than higher mid-range).
So as fashion cycles through the years, my blood sugar cycles through the days (hours, minutes...).
"They" say everything in moderation. Well, when it comes to fashion and diabetes, I think there is a lot of truth to that.
And when in doubt, remember this...Portobellos are for eating, not fashioning. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What the heck...say whatever is on your mind! (Regarding my thoughts that is ;)