Friday, June 24, 2011

A Thing Of Beauty II - The Sequel

At a totally random point in my day, I unexpectedly came across this quote:
"Legends say that hummingbirds float free of time, carrying our hopes for love, joy and celebration. Like a hummingbird, we aspire to hover and savor each moment as it passes, embrace all that life has to offer and to celebrate the joy of everyday. The hummingbird's delicate grace reminds us that life is rich, beauty is everywhere, every personal connection has meaning and that laughter is life's sweetest creation."
It always amazes me when life works this way. First, I blog about seeing a hummingbird at my window, then yesterday I tella friend about the visit from my new beautiful little friend, and now I find this quote. The hummingbird came up in conversation after I had been telling her, without detail, of how I am feeling some of the pain of others as well as my own on my shoulder's right now. Before I had even mentioned the delicate bird, she said to me, "Even amidst the pain, there are moments of beauty which we need to hang on to and believe in." How could she know? Coincidence? I think not. And I will forever see the hummingbird in this new light.
My hope would be that you too will get a precious little visit, just when you need it most.
He really is...a thing of beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What the heck...say whatever is on your mind! (Regarding my thoughts that is ;)