Monday, December 12, 2011

Moves Like Jagger?

I busted a move or two and wore a purple sparkly dress and gave a motivational talk to people touched by diabetes. No, not all at the same time! That would be a little much don’t you think?! But yeah, that’s right. I pulled ‘em out (my moves I mean) in the parking lot of a Tim Horton’s in Grande Prairie Alberta with “Moves Like Jagger” blasting through our car speakers. And I did wear the sparkly purple dress while sharing my story to the diabetes crowd.

You are judging me right now aren’t you!
That’s okay. Good times were had by all. Well, maybe not the poor taxi driver who sat in his car and stared at me while I danced freely in the parking lot while my friends got their coffees, but I sure was having fun.

As for the Diabetes Awareness day, I’m not sure if the man sleeping in the back row of the theatre while I was talking was a sign that he didn’t sleep the night before, had had his fill of information from the other speakers or was just plain bored, (obviously my dress didn’t wow him too much ;) but the rest of the audience seemed pretty into it. All I can do is hope at least some of them were motivated to make positive choices when it comes to health or spur on those they love to do so.
I will say this: The calibre of doctors and health care professionals that spoke that day was phenomenal. (A pretty humbling experience for me I might add.) Don and I gleaned so much new and cutting edge material (and I don’t mean jokes, although the trip itself did provide some of that kind ;) from those Calgarians that the trip was worth every mile just for that. It sure was an honour to join them in their work of helping people influenced by diabetes.

Yes I love to dance. Yes I love to speak. And yes, I love to wear sparkly purple dresses! So judge if you will. I personally had a blast doing all of those things. And I make no apologies.
And if you make a request...I can do anyone of those things for you too! Just sayin’ ;)

To privately contact me send messages to susiewithans@gmail.com

1 comment:

What the heck...say whatever is on your mind! (Regarding my thoughts that is ;)