Thursday, April 28, 2011

Facing the Beast...In Sweats!

Headed to the doc this morning. It's probably not going to be good. Definitely more tests. Possibly even an admission. It wouldn't be the first time he has sent me to the hospital next door.
I think I'll wear flats today. And I had to pack a bag just in case. What do you pack for an occasion such as this? I went with sweats. There may be others as well, but there are definitely two places that sweats are appropriate to wear in public - the gym and the hospital.
I didn't pack any hair flowers though. Thought of throwing a scarf in but that might be a little over the top with a hospital gown don't you think? ;)
Well...here's hoping. I mean...I need answers but it would be really nice to avoid the whole hospital thing. The beds are uncomfortable and the not-so-subtle hint of antiseptic floating through the air just doesn't cut it for me.
You can rest assured that I will be checking out what people are wearing today though. I should have lots of opportunity to spy some pretty nifty ensembles. I guess it would be etiquette-inappropriate to take pictures with my cell phone? They'd never have to know. It would look totally natural to "text' with my arms straight out in front of me hovering in the air wouldn't it?
Well, I suppose I cannot avoid it any longer. Time to face the monster. (My flawed body, not the doctor. He's a really good guy.)
Have a better day than me please. And maybe...put a flower in your hair?

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, I don't own any hair flowers. But I am enjoying the picture in my head of you with a hospital gown, a scarf around your neck and a flower in your hair! :) Thinking about ya and praying!
    Linda E

    ReplyDelete

What the heck...say whatever is on your mind! (Regarding my thoughts that is ;)