Monday, April 18, 2011

Onesies and Waistlines

So, I'll get to fashion in a minute but first...
I love food. Not meat (although that's a whole 'nother story for a different day), not brussel sprouts (although I will eat those), but pasta and ketchup chips and carrot cake. Ooooh, how I love carrot cake.
About four years ago I realized my addiction was killing me. Literally. And making me fat. As in about 90 pounds too fat. (I am obviously a slow realizer.)
A new-found 70-something year old friend at the time, with Type 1 diabetes, suggested I read a book called "Dr. Berntein's Diabetes Solution". It rocked my world. Not only did I gain a huge amount of control over my diabetes, but I also lost 50 lbs by following his advice. If you know of anyone with diabetes, type 1 or 2, I highly recommend the read.
But if you are any better at math than I am, you will have figured out by now that I still have about 40 pounds to lose. I am trying my darndest to shed those visual packages of butter I carry around on me everywhere, but my fat-fighting soldiers seem to be on a break. (Lazy Thyroid perhaps?)
Here's the thing. As I am thrilled with losing a big chunk of necessary baggage, those "few" extra figure-stealing cells are cramping my style. That's right. Jumpsuits are back.
Whether they are flowy, harem-like pant one-pieces or black capri-length one-pieces or the flowery shorts-style one-pieces, they all have one thing in common: THEY GATHER AT THE WAIST.
You need four things in my mind to pull off a onesie: Height, adorable shoes, attitude and a discernibly thin waist.  Let's review. I have the height, the adorable shoes, the attitude (most days) BUT, no discernibly thin waist.
Shucks.
I guess I'll have to hit the + speed button on my treadmill a few more times each stint, because someday I WILL wear a onesie. It'll probably be back out of style, but I WILL wear one.
 And  Dear Dr. Berstein...could you please right a sequel quickly?! That carrot cake is calling my name...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What the heck...say whatever is on your mind! (Regarding my thoughts that is ;)