Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Can't Fake It Jake

My blood sugar is whack. Yes, I am a natural blond (and unnaturally more blond), almost middle-aged woman and probably can't pull off that term. But regardless...
Stress. Ugh. So sick and tired of it. And now I am starting to feel literally sick and tired. Thus the skyrocketing blood sugar readings. Meaning, it could be the stress causing my blood sugar to rise or it could be the stress causing me to be sick which is causing my blood sugar to rise.
I once again feel the need for some retail therapy.
Actually, I avoided a discount store today precisely for that reason. It could be d-a-n-g-e-r-o-u-s for my pocketbook. (Where did that saying come from? I don't keep my money in my pocket nor do I keep it in a book in my pocket.)
Anyway, shopping will not make my stress go away or lower my blood sugar today anymore than any other day. In fact, having to explain a frivolous purchase to my husband can only add to the stress, giving the viscous cycle momentum to spin harder and faster. We definitely don't want that. (Although a new purse is always justifiable right? A woman has needs...)
And if I may rant a slight bit more...
I just purchased a new blood glucose meter which includes a USB drive that will graph all my results and info. I am excited to use this new little gadget which I think I will call "Can't Fake it Jake" - at least I was earlier today. Now that my blood sugar is whack (Yeah. That's right. I said it again. In your face!), I don't dare let the technologically advanced tiny machine record the evidence giving it the power to hand my proverbial head-on-a-platter to my doc. No, little Jakey will have to wait. Hmph.
So I guess I'll go crank up the insulin and vitamin C.
Under the circumstances that's the best Ther-a-py.
(Get it? That was a miniature tiny little poem ;)
Goodnight! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What the heck...say whatever is on your mind! (Regarding my thoughts that is ;)