Saturday, November 26, 2011

I'm Losing It!

I have a confession to make.
I haven't been on my treadmill for a few days.
Quite a few days.
And
I haven't been keeping up with my food/blood sugar journal for a few days.
Quite a few days.
It's happening.
I am losing.
            Con.
                trol.
It's days like this when I am very disappointed in myself. I feel like, because of this platform, and because I speak to the public in a motivational fashion, I have to have it all together. I am supposed to be the example. If you don't practice what you preach...right?
Well. Here's the facts. After having this disease for over 28 years and having done much research into the human body and having experienced nasty complications and after making major changes...I still don't have all my *#$* together. (Substitute "stuf". What were you thinking? ;)
Seriously. I am flawed. When it comes to diabetic control or whether it comes to loving people well, I don't get it right a lot of the time.
So if there ever was a pedestal, I am voluntarily jumping off. I don't want to be there. (Plus, it's better than getting pushed, which is bound to happen.)
If there is one thing I know for sure in this life, it's this: Being honest and open about our failures is often more refreshing than an attitude of arrogance.
So today, my friends, I am being real.
I am frustrated. Lonely. Scared. Disappointed.
But somehow, as I sit here stressed out by personal failures, I need to turn this around. Turn the frustration into motivation. The loneliness into a call for help. The fear into determination. And the disappointment into fuel for change.
It's time to turn the page.
In my food journal, that is. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What the heck...say whatever is on your mind! (Regarding my thoughts that is ;)