Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Fight My Friend, Fight!

I have a good friend. A very brave good friend. Strong and admirable comes to mind. Deep and wise and fun also get jumbled up in all my words for him. And sometimes he is even frustrating. But that is just because when I ask him an important life question he doesn't just give me the answer. He makes me think. Think for myself. And if I am going to list the frustrating qualities I might just add that when he tells me to "Re-laaax" as I am freaking out over, well, nothing much, I want to strangle him. ;)
Yes, this post is in honor of my very special friend. It's his birthday today and I want to celebrate.
You may wonder why this friend, why this birthday.
Well, my friend is battling Cancer. With a capital C.
I'm told people with cancer often measure time differently than the rest of us. Time becomes about every milestone. Christmas. A daughter's grad. The birth of a grandchild. A birthday.
Yes, a birthday.
I am thankful for every opportunity to celebrate the moment in time our earth was blessed with the presence of my friend. And every day since.
For all those who have been touched, or beaten up by the beast of C, I'm sorry. But please...don't give up, don't give in. This life is worth fighting for.
And today, I will celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What the heck...say whatever is on your mind! (Regarding my thoughts that is ;)