Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Melodic Harmonies

I love the symphony. Two weeks from now I will be witnessing this great, coming together of musical happiness. Bows gliding over strings creating harmonies, meshing with the melodic voices of flutes and glockenspiels as human life infuse them with love.
A similar harmony occurs when tulle and satin merge with well-manicured toes peeking out of peep-toe heels and a lovely up-do cascading down a long delicate neck. And what an appropriate look that would be for the symphony! (Too bad I don't have that long delicate neck ;)
Life with diabetes can be symphonic as well, when blood sugar levels harmonize with doses of insulin, creating a calm lullaby of health and wellness.
But sometimes life feels and sounds more like the warm-up. You know what I am talking about, right? The horns clash with the strings which clash with the cymbals which just clash. It's not pretty. If ever you have experienced a warm-up tuning session at the symphony, you've experienced messy noise.
And messy noise is what happens when your body is out of balance, diabetes is out of control, or you wear grey sweats tucked into red cowboy boots.
But life is just like that right? You can't have the beauty of the symphony without the practice session with all the noise. (Well, perhaps you could skip the cowboy boots and sweats ;)
So I am thankful that I have felt both the mess and the harmony.
Because once tuned-in, the orchestra of life is a beautiful thing.
Did I mention I love the symphony?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What the heck...say whatever is on your mind! (Regarding my thoughts that is ;)