Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Frapps and Laughs

Starbucks now has sugar-free mocha flavoring!!! Yay!!! So now my Grande lite-based mocha frappuccino made with skim milk and without whipped cream will be totally sugar free! I think my bank account is about to lose some more weight. That's probably the opposite of what's about to happen to my waistline. Sure, it's the "lite" version but it still can't be good for you.
I found out this exciting tid-bit by accident when I went there to write today. Since I asked for the lite-base version, the kind grey-haired woman serving me seemed to read the invisible "I have diabetes" tattoo on my forehead and had the fortitude to tell me about this new option. She then went on to entice me with future options of mocha protein smoothies and such. I'm not sure if she was under the spell of my beauty and wanted to please, or if she was trying to put me under her spell of future sales and was just that good at her job. Either way, I skipped to my seat a happy woman.
Since I was in the Chapters location, being surrounded by books and armed with my sugar-free delight I felt in a creative mood. I accomplished a big chunk of prep for an upcoming speaking engagement on the topic of diabetes. I'm not sure if it was the mocha frappuccino or the friendly atmosphere, but I sure found my jokes funny. And even if the people hearing my motivational talk don't feel the same, I know the two men sipping their coffee beside me were amused as I chuckled out loud at my own cleverness.
So all in all my trip to Starbucks in Chapters was a success. At least I will delude myself with that thought until I give the talk and find out maybe I'm not as humorous as I think I am.
Hey, can you do me a favor?
Laugh if you think I am funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What the heck...say whatever is on your mind! (Regarding my thoughts that is ;)