Thursday, November 17, 2011

Mr. Looney-Tunes

Let me start by saying that people sometimes wonder where I come up with my ideas for this blog. Well, apparently one just needs to go to their unfortunate routine ophthalmologist appointment and sit in the waiting room for an hour.
After having my pressures checked and my eyes dilated, (which, if I may interject into my own writings...makes Berber carpet look quite, umm, distracting? entertaining? disturbing to the brain?) I sat in the dimly lit exclusive "patients only" area and looked around.
I shouldn't have been shocked by what I saw, since wherever I go wonders don't usually cease, but found myself doing a double take none-the-less. Sitting across from me was a 60-ish year old man, wearing police-issue pants and boots, a looney-tunes t-shirt, and was reading a book called "Southeast Asia...on a Surfboard".
Okay, so I am sure he was a man, I am sure he was wearing police uniform pants and a cartooned shirt but due to my stuck open pupils, I can't quite be sure about the surfboard part. The writing was really small and I could only stare for so long before looking like a creepy young woman.
Never mind that, did you catch the part about the looney-tunes shirt?!?
Umm...I don't want to sound judgemental here but seriously?!? I almost drove him to the mall right then and there. It was just so bizarre.
But I feel for the guy. With my subtle eavesdropping ear I learned he is a bachelor in need of emergency retinal surgery tomorrow. I've been through a couple of eyeball surgeries and they are no fun, but at least I had the support of a present and loving spouse to help shoulder the pain.
Even in spite of the shirt, a single tear slips down my face and I close this day with a heavy heart. Here's hoping that all goes well tomorrow for (affectionately named) Mr. Looney-Tunes. I hope and pray you, kind sir,  will be able to take that trip to Southeast Asia on your surfboard? very soon and see it all.
With that thought and in honor of him, I say, sleep well my friends and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What the heck...say whatever is on your mind! (Regarding my thoughts that is ;)