Sunday, May 29, 2011

Ballerina Style

I was observing a style the other day while having coffee with myself at a restaurant. (I often take my notebooks and work on my novel or write music while I sip.) Anyway, I was admiring the hairdo on my server, knowing it was styled in a way I will never be able to pull off. She had the tight bun with every morsel of hair pulled into it on the top of her head. I call it "ballerina style". This translates to a whole look by the way. Tight bun, tight body, tight clothes and a fru fru tulle skirt. (Well you might not want to wear the fru fru tu tu while shopping the mall but if you've got the moves, go for it. ;) 
Some people pull off the ballerina style really well, as did  my waitress. She was cute and small and everything looked tight.
I will probably never look as tight as a princess in "Swan Lake" (Are there princesses in Swan Lake?), but I can set out to achieve tight control in another area of my life. (Unfortunately "Spanx" won't help me here.) My blood sugar control is the area I speak of.
As with many different complications of diabetes, tight control of blood glucose levels is the only really effective way to fight against them. Lately I have been losing feeling of my toes (on the outside of my skin which causes pain on the inside). The doctor confirmed that it is getting worse. Not cool.
And other than the medication I am already on, my best course of defense is to tighten, tighten, tighten. (My abs and glutes could use a little of this "defense" as well ;)
So, I think from now on, I will aim for "ballerina style" when it comes to this disease of mine. Like I said before...I'll never pull off the tight bun look, but I'm pretty sure I could wear those tight blood sugars well.
Perhaps I shall go test right now... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What the heck...say whatever is on your mind! (Regarding my thoughts that is ;)