Sunday, May 8, 2011

Just "Vogue"

Last night, on our way home from a Mother's Day celebration, (Happy Mother's day by the way, to all you mothers!) we were listening to 90's satellite radio and I was given some inspiration.  The song that gave me that gift not only reminded me of my earlier years, but also made me smile just for its name. Can you guess it? Yup. Madonna's "Vogue". Of course anything that reminds me of the magazine or some great fashion is bound to make me smile, but it also got me moving in my seat. Good times. I urge you to look up the lyrics. They are pretty cool actually.
It talks of the hard knocks of life and how if you let the music move you, and get up on the dance floor, it's a freeing experience. I agree. I love to dance. I look ridiculous but whatever. So what if it looks like I am in my own private Richard Simmon's aerobics class rather than gettin' my groove on. I don't care. It feels good. (And when all else fails...just do the shuffle side to side right? ;)
I will be doing a little "shuffling" this coming week. Having surgery tomorrow. Not sure how much pain I will be in but can almost guarantee barfing my guts out for a few hours after the procedure. Those "feel good" drugs they put you under with and give you afterwards simply don't agree with me. But I suppose those after affects are better than being awake for the whole thing. That wouldn't be cool.
So I feel like Madonna came just at the right time. (I'm about to paint you a mental picture you may or may not want so be warned...;) When they call me out of the closet-like change room after putting on my hospital gown, I will remember my "Vogue" inspiration, come out in my heels and...
Strike a pose!

1 comment:

What the heck...say whatever is on your mind! (Regarding my thoughts that is ;)