Sunday, May 15, 2011

Real? Or Fake?

I want carrot cake!!
Stick with me and I promise this will come around to explain itself.
You may or may not know by now that I love all things fashion. I was reading in my (free!) fashion magazine today about online shopping and how it is the new craze. I'll be honest...I simply don't get that. That seems almost like fake shopping, yes? I mean, sure, if you live in a remote place and can't get to a mall then it makes sense. But choosing your keyboard and computer screen over the real thing for any other reason? Just don't get it.
Sometimes though, you have to settle for second best or an alternative choice, such as when it comes to dessert for me. I would eat dessert three times a day (okay maybe four ;) if I could. But like those far-away, remote live-ers who have no shopping center to frequent, I can't always get what I want. Due to my diabetes, I have to settle for "fake" dessert rather than go for the "real" goods. (Although, don't worry...I don't even eat the fake kind four times a day. I save even those for special occasions.)
But man...lately I have had some mean cravings for carrot cake! Of all things! (It's impossible for me to be pregnant...otherwise I'd be worried.) It's like the shopping - I want to see, touch, try on those glorious garments. I want to see, touch, smell, try on that glorious piece of carrot cake!
I actually have someone on the case to try to create a low-carb carrot cake for me. I'll b honest...I am kinda skeptical about this one. I've never been known for my baking abilities (I just bought my first apron ever, this year) but even I am pretty sure you need flour or something carb-like to make a cake. And even if it looks like a cake, does that mean it will taste like a cake?
I'm hoping the "fake" version will be worthwhile, but I've gotta tell ya...
I could live with online shopping off and on, but sometimes you just gotta have the real thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What the heck...say whatever is on your mind! (Regarding my thoughts that is ;)