Friday, May 6, 2011

A Dreamy Surprise

I had a nice little surprise the other day. Lately, I have been attracted to "dreamy" clothes. You know...flowy, creamy, well...dreamy clothes. I don't know how else to describe them. But the surprise came when I went into a grocery supermarket and wandered through their apparel section. I am always attracted to clothes even if they are bad clothes. Curiosity just gets the best of me. So as I meandered, my out-stretched hand felt the flowy fabric of a creamy off-white dress hanging on the rack. Oh my! It was fantastic! It was the kind of rare find you would come upon in a cute little boutique on a side-street, but I was in a grocery store! I almost didn't try it on in case I liked it. Because I knew if I liked it...I'd be leaving the store with it too. So what did I do? I tried it on of course. And yes, I left the store with it! How could I not? I already had the perfect shoes to go with it at home.
In recent years I got another more-than-pleasant surprise at my doctor's office. Back when I was about 16, there was the need to do a kidney biopsy on me to see how diseased my kidneys were at the time. Diabetes can wreak havoc on those necessary little guys. (That wasn't the wonderful surprise, by the way. The procedure was naaaasssty!)  At the results appointment, I was told I did indeed have kidney disease, but it was in the early stages. Ever since then, I've always been told it has stayed stable.
Well the surprise came when I had mentioned this to my G.P. and he looked at me funny. He said "I have been keeping my eye on your kidney levels and they look fine to me." I'm still not sure if that means I have no disease there or just that those filtering organs of mine are very productive at their job. Whatever the answer...I'll take it!
So you just never know when or where you might find that perfect dreamy dress or encouraging bit of news. To me it means one thing...
Never give up looking for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What the heck...say whatever is on your mind! (Regarding my thoughts that is ;)